April 7, 2011

Pauanui and Hot Water Beach, Coromandel


As you may have gathered, I like to escape to NZ's beautiful beaches with my family!  This weekend was no exception.  We went to Pauanui on Friday morning and had a wonderful relaxed weekend with no less than 3 days of sun! How cool is that!?  We watched Amazing Grace on Saturday for my Influencing Public Policy paper.  It was a fantastic movie! I knitted and read my magazines, hubby did lots of reading, we walked, and the boys played with their computers and LOTR models.

On Saturday, we went to Hot Water Beach and were amazed that it was April and still hot!  What a beautiful day.  The beach was busy and we forgot our sunscreen.  Oops!  I did discover this wonderful artist at the Surf Shop, doing Harakeke weaving (NZ flax). Her name is Jess White and she can found at hotwaterbeachsurfschool@live.com Enjoy her beautiful art!




No comments: