November 21, 2010

Christchurch in Spring

I'm not sure where to begin so I'll let my photos do the talking. My husband and I just came back from a lovely week away.  6 days to be exact.  We flew to Christchurch and rented a Britz campervan to do the return trip to Auckland. Since we spent so much time travelling around the North Island over the six years that we've lived here, we decided that we would spend as much time in the South.  It was splendid to see Christchurch despite the closed roads and scaffolding from the recent earthquakes.  We went to Botanical Gardens, a few shops, and then drove to Akaroa for a night.  More about that tomorrow.

On another note, we came across a fabulous antique store that doubled as an interior design consultancy.  It was called Kit & Caboodle.  I found a gorgeous linen remnant for pillows on my couch. I like to change these often.

No comments: