January 23, 2011

Water, water everywhere....

It's a very humid, muggy day.  It's been raining for more than 24 hours and the river banks have started to over flow.  There's a river over our driveway so my dad and Bev decided not to risk being flood victims, and have gone to the airport for an early check in. They have been traveling since September when they left on a cruise for the South Pacific.  It's been four months and they are ready to get home to Vancouver.  Vancouver is a short 12 hour flight from Auckland - direct.  They will be at the airport for 6 hours before getting on the airplane! Too bad Bev packed her knitting in her suitcase!

We had a wonderful visit and enjoyed great food together. We will miss the fresh muffins, Bev!

Since I am always a little bit down when visitors and family leave us, I thought I would roam the net for some uplifting knitting blogs.  My first hit was Canadian favorite, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (aka Yarn Harlot).  She always has something yummy on her needles and is always funny to read.  She pointed me to Fiddlehead Mittens this time. On the Hello Yarn website. I'm almost finished two knitting projects. First, Silas' Blue Sky Alpaca Suri Merino vest, then Billie's Kaffe Fassett socks, then I might have to make some Fiddlehead Mittens!!!  You've got to love a good knitting blog to cheer you up!

No comments: