October 22, 2010

A Day Off

Oh, what a lovely term... A day off! I took a whole day off to get ready for my dad and his wife's arrival.  They have been on a ship for a month from Vancouver to Auckland, stopping in the South Pacific at ports like Vanuatu, New Caledonia, American Samoa, Hawaii, and Fiji.  I will hear all about it at dinner, I'm sure.

Today was pure bliss. I didn't spend it slaving over a hot stove. No, I through a roast in the oven with all the trimmings and then spent the afternoon in my lovely craft room!  What a wonderful afternoon it was. Here is what I have to show for it.

Pre-felting and stuffing
Felted with stuffing
I made two cards for a workshop on the weekend and I finished my felted Christmas ornament.  Here is a picture of it with the average size ornament next to it so you can see how enormous it is.  The little blue and white one in front is a needle felted ornament that I received as a gift from my friend in Port Alice, Leslie Blagdon. 
Eiffel Tour
Reindeer Card

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

The eiffel tower stamp looks familiar. Glad you're using it! Love the ornament! Where did you get the pattern. I made a hat like that last year for my friend Shalagh but I couldn't find the snowflake pattern anywhere so I had to graph it out myself. Looks about the same as yours. Do share.

Marilyn said...

The snowflake pattern is in the previous post linked to the word "Lion". It was a free pattern on the Lion Brand website.

Karen said...

Wow, what a jumbo ornament! I love the red and the snowflake. I also like the Harvest women's invites. Can't wait to get my ornament punch. Did you sew the edge of the Christmas card?